Childrens Healthcare of Atlanta Christmas Parade
Looking for volunteers and PYRS for the 2019 Children’s Christmas Parade
This year, Great Pyrenees Rescue of Atlanta has again been approved to walk in the 2019 Children Christmas Parade. This is an exciting and fun event to be a part of. The Parade benefits Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, and is the largest Parade in the Southeast. This Parade does not disappoint with all the different Marching Bands, the amazing Floats and the giant Balloons. We are thrilled to be invited to this joyous event with our magnificent Polar PYRS welcoming Santa to town! The Parade is televised live and will also be rebroadcast throughout the Holiday season.
We are one of a few local rescue groups that were accepted this year. This Parade receives local and national attention and we need as many “PYR TEAMS” to march as possible.
Our goal this year is 100 PYRS
We are also in need of volunteers who can help with coordinating our team down the Parade Route. At least 15 volunteers who can assist our group walk the Parade route and keep the pace for our group and keep the lines straight. Other volunteers are needing for Admin help to keep up with registrations and correspondence.
The Parade is Saturday, December 7th, 2019. The Parade begins at 10:30 am and goes from 15th Street and Peachtree and ends at 5th Street and Peachtree . THIS EVENT IS RAIN OR SHINE.
More details will follow to participants.
Guidelines to march in Parade:
- No children under the age of 12 are allowed to participate and will be removed from the route. This will also forfeit any future participation for our group.
- No cell phones, MP3 players or any electronic devices are allowed to be used while participating in the parade.
- We are not allowed to distribute any pamphlets or other materials along the parade route.
- PYR Teams are comprised of 1 or 2 humans and 1 PYR. No more than 2 humans per PYR.
- All participants MUST dress in same and/or similar attire. We are asking that you wear either a GPRA Black Sweatshirt or T-shirt (or plain black shirt) with blue jeans and comfortable shoes. A new GPRA long sleeve holiday themed shirt will be available shortly. We are allowed to add a festive scarf or a festive hat. We are absolutely not allowed any costumes. GPRA will provide a red scarf for all PYRS to wear.
- No other breeds may march with us.
Please join us in this wonderful Holiday tradition!
If you have any questions, please email 2019Parade@greatpyratlanta.com
To participate in the Parade a CHOA Waiver Form will also need to be signed and returned. The Waiver Form can be found HERE and can be returned to 2019Parade@greatpyratlanta.com or faxed to 917-206-9060.