Click here to purchase tickets
To RSVP please complete the form below.
2019 represents our ninth annual Gentle Giants in the Park, as well as our 10th anniversary, and will be held on Saturday April 25th from 2:30 to 5:00 PM at Pickneyville Park (see Events page for location). Gentle Giants in the Park is GPRA’s big THANK YOU to all our adopters, volunteers and supporters who have made GPRA such a giant success. The event is pure fun and, to our knowledge, is the largest congregation of Great Pyrenees in the history of the world. We are shooting for 200 PYRS and 400+ humans.
We will have great music, food, games, vet consultation and much more and it is all free. We will also have a silent auction, a new GPRA T- shirt and other merchandise for sale. In addition, the winner of the GPRA $5,000 raffle will be drawn at 4:30. Every family needs to experience being a part of 200 well behaved polar bears gathered for our famous group picture.
GPRA is an all volunteer non profit and virtually all our funds go toward the medical treatment of our dogs. An example is our recent rescue, Bingham, who required significant lifesaving surgeries that will approach $10,000. We are over 1,700 rescues and our average cost per rescue is almost $1,300.
Please RSVP below the number of humans and PYRs attending: GPRA is asking for your participation in our raffle which will help us continue to rescue almost every PYR regardless of their medical condition, many of which no other organization is willing or able to help. Your financial support is critical to our success. There are several ways in which you can help:
- By committing to sell or purchase $200 worth of raffle tickets.
- Please share this raffle link with your friends and neighbors.
- Donate items and/or participate in our Silent Auction. If you have items to donate please contact us at SilentAuction2020@greatpyratlanta.com
- Donate directly – this has the advantage of being 100% tax deductible.
Tickets can be purchased in one of four methods.
- Click the Buy Raffle Ticket button on the raffle web page and purchase with a credit card
- Text the word “Raffle” to (520) 462-6087 and follow the instructions to pay with a credit card
- Send a check made out to GPRA with your name, email address, phone number and the number of tickets requested to the address below. A staff member will enter the information into the raffle, and you will receive confirmation of your purchase. Checks and cash can also be taken in person at the event on April 27th.
- In addition, if you would like physical raffle tickets to sell to your friends and neighbors please contact us at Raffle2020@greatpyratlanta.com and we will send you some tickets. Once received, a staff member will enter the information into the raffle, and you will receive confirmation of your purchase.
Online Raffle tickets will be available to purchase up until 4:00 on the day of the drawing. Thank you for being part of our GPRA family and thank you in advance for helping GPRA continue to rescue every PYR in need in the southeast.
Click here to purchase tickets